Missing Val d’ Sole

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yesterday I took a bit of adventure for myself. After waiting for someone from 7:00am up to 3:00pm, (which really upsets me) I decided to take a hike from Molo to Bakhaw, Mandurriao. The heat of the sun was so excruciating, yet the sweet February breeze touches my skin. With a backpack, rubber shoes and a pair of sunglasses, I started to make my march. I began reminiscing one of our summer get away trips when I was in Italy. It is taking a hike to the peak of Val d’ Sole.
 Val d’ Sole is indeed a paradise on earth. A person could see the beauty of God’s creation. I could still recall when I was with this Austrian friend, whose passion is to take a walk. He was the one who persuaded me to take a hike on Val d’ Sole. Conquering Val d’ Sole wasn’t an easy task. A lot of climbs, rocky paths, streams and brooks, cliffs and narrow paths were encountered. Same as when I did this foot march along Diversion Road. The roads were dusty, smog were belched from motorized vehicles, the burning heat, and of course, thirst. The only difference is that, this new found adventure is a bit easy and fast (for it only took me half an hour to end my course), yet in the end, the hiker looks tired and forlorn. Unlike taking a hike in Val d’ Sole, in every Refugio, there’s cool water, stagnant on a log that seems to be its tub, which came directly from a stream, so fresh, clean, and potable, that makes every tiring step your satisfaction. Well, as I passed by a Gasoline station, there was this decorative landscape that has a fountain on the center, which made me recall Val d’ Sole and its Refugios. But of course, you can’t take a plunge on it, or taste its savory water.

Val d’ Sole is not only all about mountains, trees and rocks, but also of its beautiful waterfalls, or as we call it, Cascate…

How beautiful nature is. These sights are not as common as they are to be in this era. The real blue lagoon, so refreshing to the eyes that I crave to have a dip of myself on it…

Along the rocky grounds beside the lake, a beautiful spot for a hiker to take a break, grab a smoke and adore the beauty of creation and the artistry of its Creator…

Throughout my life, the experience of being in Val d’ Sole and a 12 hour hike were experiences worth missing for and worth to be remembered throughout eternity….

0 comments

Post a Comment